Slattery Auctions 750

All revved up for rally

Photo courtesy of Michael Holmes Photography

By Melissa Blewitt

The timing may have changed, but the Slattery Auctions Condo 750 is gearing up for its biggest year yet.

Forty four landholders will make the rally possible, and participants will navigate across the Lachlan, Forbes, and Cobar Shires, and also take in parts of Western Lands.

Nationally renowned, the rally will be held on 25, 26 and 27 March in 2016. This is a change from the regular second weekend in April format that the event has previously followed.

“There was a Motorcycles NSW Motocross series event being held on the same weekend as the 750, so we had to change the date,” Chairperson Sue Broad said.

“We tried for a few different dates, and if we didn’t do it [the event] at Easter, it would have had to be held in September.

“We settled on this date for the event and we are encouraging the local community to get involved and be part of the rally.”

For over 25 years the Condo 750 has been entrenched in the local events scene, and its stature is continuing to grow all over the country.

However, this year, things will be slightly different.

“In 2016, the event will be run from the Condobolin Showground, which will enable the community to see and interact with rally entrants three times a day when they have lunch, re-fuel and undertake vehicle maintenance,” Mrs Broad said.

“Sign on and scrutineering will take place from 5pm to 10pm on Friday, 25 March, with the community being able to look at and talk to participants.

“There will also be a jumping castle and face painting for children. We really want to emphasise that the rally can be a family orientated event.

“Competitors will all loop out of the showground, so the public will have the chance to see the rally entrants throughout the day. In previous years, people have had to travel out to Vermont Hill to see the rally.

“We hope that the community will be part of the event.”

© 2010 Condobolin Argus - Design by Upside Down Websites