Unholster your hotdogs, JanRay’s in town

Tammy Staines and John (Buzz) Buswell have opened a new cafe for Condobolin, JanRay’s on Bathurst Street.ADVERTORIAL

Many Condobolinite’s will remember the days of Morgan’s Cafe in Bathurst Street.

For a while now, that friendly little café we all knew and loved has been sitting in our main street empty and unused.

Recently however, it was given a new face and opened last Tuesday by Tammy Staines and John (Buzz) Buswell of Condobolin as JanRay’s.

It has always been Tammy’s dream to one day own a cafe, and after 20 years in the mining industry, John was looking for a new direction and a challenge.

So when the opportunity arose to obtain the premises that was once Morgan’s Cafe, the pair grabbed it with both hands.

Buzz says that so far they have had nothing but positivity and support from the community in their new business venture.

“We have had 98% positive feedback. It is still a learning curve, so that remaining 2% of constructive criticism we have taken on and used to improve our service; we are always open to feedback” says Buzz.

“We just want to provide Condobolin with a friendly, homely, community minded atmosphere with great food and coffee” he said.

And whilst on the subject of community mindedness, JanRay’s is offering one of their front windows to any community groups and events that would like to create a display to promote themselves.

So drop in to JanRay’s on Bathurst Street and try their gourmet hotdogs, delicious baked potatoes on Thursdays and Fridays, and I can personally vouch for their scallops and thickshakes.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

© 2010 Condobolin Argus - Design by Upside Down Websites